Friday, January 20, 2012

Krug Champagne Room - Las Vegas!

Since November 2011, I've had the privilege of helping with the design of a Krug Champagne Room (the club calls it a "skybox") along with Velvet Crossing Marketing out of Las Vegas. Exciting, yes?

A friend in studio recommended me to Velvet Crossing when their client, Krug, told them they wanted "watercolor-y" and sketchy renderings for this upcoming champagne room.  Naturally, this is what I'm known for in our program, and I agreed to help them. After all, it's Vegas, and it's what I do best--why would I decline?

The mood board and overall feel of the room was to be regal and classy, representing the Krug brand.

I worked with Steve, a recent graduate of Virginia Tech, to bring his mood board vision to life through the design of the interior. We worked countless hours together via phone and finally ended with a product we both were extremely proud of.


Taking inspiration from the Krug label and crest/shield, we developed the space...



Special features include custom maroon sofas and white chairs, a mini chandelier, and gold leaf ceiling to imitate the top of a Krug bottle. A mirror mosaic with the Krug logo is on display on the wall by the entry. Regal gold walls with white trim bring a certain softness. All furniture is the same height and runs up to the height of the chair rail to control uniformity around the room.

I never thought this design would actually be built... I'm merely a student designer in southwest Virginia, how could I be designing a champagne room in Vegas?

My dream became a reality. Velvet Crossing flew me out (first class!) to work in the office and aid with the construction of the room itself, while working on another potential project in the works. Vegas is an interesting place with a variety of people, places, and things to see. I enjoyed my time there, in a sort of fantasy land.

Final photos of the room...






No comments:

Post a Comment